The San Diego Comic-Con 2020 is going to happen, but due to the health emergency the arrangements will be totally different: here is all you need to know about the Home edition.
Every year for about fifty years, the city of San Diego has organized the SDCC, the most famous and awaited convention for lovers of films, TV series, comics, video games. It was a world that was once considered almost with a cynical meaning nerd. Due to the spread of the coronavirus, however, Comic-Con International had announced in April that it had decided to cancel the San Diego Comic-Con 2020.
Fortunately, not even a month later, the organization realized that they had found an alternative solution so that the event could still occur. The event will be held online, and interested people can then follow it from home. David Glanzer, a convention representative, said:
For the first time in our 50 years of history, we are happy to welcome virtually anyone from anywhere in the world. Although imprisonment makes this period rather difficult, let us consider it an opportunity to spread some joy and strengthen our sense of community.
If, by chance, you are wondering about the price, know that it costs nothing: participation for the Home edition is, in fact, free.
Where and when: dates and place of the event
The SDCC takes place every summer, usually towards the end of July, in San Diego, in sunny California, precisely at the San Diego Convention Center. Here actors, directors, screenwriters, cartoonists, cosplayers meet every year, eager to share their projects and much juicy news through conferences and panels. Passionate fans look forward to this event every year. Everything is obviously open to the public and not reserved only for journalists. Those interested, in possession of an entry pass, pour into San Diego from all the United States and in general from the world.
As said, however, for San Diego Comic-Con 2020, things will be different. You can comfortably follow everything from home, totally free of charge, via streaming. The location of the event this year is, therefore, your home. As for when to attend the event, the dates concerned are 23, 24, 25 and 26 July, with an introductory moment scheduled for 22.
Guests, panel, and program of the San Diego Comic Con 2020
There are many titles that will be discussed, among which some are preparing for their debut others to return to the scene. At the moment, not all of them have been revealed yet, including TV series and films, and we do not even know the complete list of guests who will participate in the San Diego Comic Con 2020 . Here are the panels announced so far, which have yet to be entered on the set days :
- American Dad!
- director Brent Woods and voice actors Rachael MacFarlane, Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Dee Bradley Baker
- Bless the Harts
- actors Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Ike Bainholtz, Jillian Bell, Fortune Feimster and producers Phil Lord, Chris Miller, Andy Bobrow
- Bob’s Burgers
- the creator Loren Bouchard and the actors H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal, Eugene Mirman, Dan Mintz and Larry Murphy
- Crossing Swords
- cast and creators
- The Griffins
- the actors Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Mila Kunis, Seth Green and the producers Rich Appel, Alec Sulkin, Kara Vallow
- Fear the Walking Dead
- screenwriter Scott M. Gimple, producers and showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, actors Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Karen David, Jenna Elfman, Rubén Blades
- The Goldbergs
- actors Wendi McLendon-Covey, George Segal, Sean Giambrone, Hayley Orrantia, Troy Gentile, Sam Lerner and producer Doug Robinson
- cast and creators
- the actors Jake Johnson, Rob Riggle, Ron Funches, Natasha Leggero, Cleo King, AD Miles and the creator and producer
- Motherland: Fort Salem
- the creator Eliot Laurence
- creator Manny Coto and actors John Slattery, Fernanda Andrade, Michael Mosley, Jason Butler Harner, Eve Harlow
- showrunner and producer Jami O’Brien and actors Joe Hill, Zachary Quinto
- The Simpsons
- Al Jean, Matt Selman, David Silverman, Carolyn Omine, Mike B. Anderson
- the actors Cobie Smulders, Jake Johnson, Michael Ealy, the producers Jason Richman, David Bernad, Ruben Fleischer and the author of the graphic novel Greg Rucka
- The Walking Dead
- showrunner Angela Kang, producers Greg Nicotero, Scott M. Gimple, actors Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan, Josh McDermitt, Ross Marquand, Paola Lazaro
- The Walking Dead: The World Beyond
- Scott M. Gimple, showrunner and producer Matt Negrete and actors Aliyah Royale, Alexa Mansour, Hal Cumpston, Nicholas Cantu, Nico Tortorella, Julia Ormond, Joe Holt
Below here was the panel that you already know the date :
Wednesday 22 July
15: 00-16: 00 PT
- Comics in the Classroom Ask Me Anything: Pick the Brains of Teachers, Administrators, Creators, and Publishers
- GeekED: Re-storied: Re-imagining creative privilege
- Teaching and Learning with Comics
- The Power of Teamwork in Kids Comics
16: 00-17: 00 PT
- Books for All: It’s Time to Redefine How We Share Books With Kids
- Comics as a Conduit
- GeekEd: “Watchmen” and the Cruelty of Masks
- License to Thrill: Graphic Novel Adaptations for Kids
- Make Programming Your Superpower!
17: 00-18: 00 PT
- Conspiracy Theories and Propaganda Throughout Pop Culture
- GeekEd: College and the Nerd Mind
- New Kids Comics from Eisner Award Publishers
- Words and Pictures Working Together: Strategies for Analyzing Graphic Texts
18: 00-19: 00 PT
- Comic-Con Celebrates 15 Years of Eisner Librarians
- Comics on Campus: Fandom at Academia
- Spirit Skies: How to publish an International youth comic in the Age of Covid-19
- Teaching Graphic Novels Online
Thursday 23 July morning
- 10: 00-11: 00 PT Star Trek Universe
- fasts and producers of the shows Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Picard
- 11:00 – 12:00 PT Solar Opposites (HULU)
- creator Justin Roiland, actors Thomas Middleditch, Sean Giambrone, Mary Mack and producers Mike McMahan, Josh Bycel
- 12:00 – 13:00 PT Truth Seekers (Amazon Prime Video)
- cast and creators, including Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, James Serafinowicz and Nat Saunders
- 12: 00-13: 00 PT Duncanville (FOX)
- producers Mike and Julie Scully and actors Amy Poehler, Ty Burrell, Riki Lindhome, Joy Osmanski, Yassir Lester, Betsy Sodaro, Rashida Jones, Wiz Khalifa
Thursday 23 July afternoon
- 13:00 PT Marvel’s 616 (Disney +)
- directors Gillian Jacobs, Paul Scheer and executive producers Sarah Amos and Jason Sterman
- 13:00 PT His Dark Materials (HBO)
- cast and showrunners including Dafne Keen, Ruth Wilson, Ariyon Bakare, Amir Wilson, Andrew Scott, Lin-Manuel Miranda and executive producers Jane Tranter and Jack Thorne.
- 13:00 PT Utopia (Amazon Prime Video)
- cast and creators, including John Cusack, Rainn Wilson, Sasha Lane, Ashleigh LaThrop, Dan Byrd, Desmin Borges, Javon “Wanna” Walton, Jessica Rothe and author Gillian Flynn
- 13: 00-14: 00 PT Upload (Amazon Prime Video)
- with Robbie Amell, Andy Allo, Kevin Bigley, Allegra Edwards and Zainab Johnson and executive producer and author Greg Daniels
- 13: 00-14: 00 PT Collider: Directors on Directing
- a conversation about directing films with directors Robert Rodriguez, Colin Trevorrow and Joseph Kosinski.
- 14:00 PT Close Enough (HBO Max)
- cast and creators Jason Mantzoukas, Gabrielle Walsh, Kimiko Glenn, Jessica DiCicco and JG Quintel.
- 14:00 PT Superstore (NBC)
- cast and creators Ben Feldman, Mark McKinney, Lauren Ash, Colton Dunn, Nico Santos, Nichole Sakura, Kaliko Kauahi and showrunners Gabe Miller and Jonathan Green.
- 14:00 PT The Boys (Amazon Prime Video)
- cast and creators Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Anthony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Jessie T. Usher, Laz Alonso, Chace Crawford, Tomer Capon, Karen Fukuhara, Aya Cash and executive producers Eric Kripke, Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
- 17: 00-18: 00 PT LGBTQ Characters on Television: What’s Next?
- a round table with the actors Jamie Chung (Once Upon A Time), Jamie Clayton (Roswell: New Mexico), Wilson Cruz (Star Trek: Discovery), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Anthony Rapp (Star Trek: Discovery), J August Richards (Council of Dads), Harry Shum, Jr. (Shadowhunters) and Brian Michael Smith (9-1-1: Lone Star)
Friday 24 July
- 17:00 PT Archer (FXX)
- voice actors Aisha Tyler, Chris Parnell, Judy Greer, Amber Nash and Lucky Yates, with executive producer Casey Willis.
Saturday 25 July
- 12:00 PM PT Phineas and Ferb the Film: Candace against the world (Disney +)
- creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, director Bob Bowen and voice actors Ashley Tisdale, Vincent Martella, Maulik Pancholy and Dee Bradley Baker.
- 13:00 PT The Right Stuff (Disney +)
- the cast Patrick J. Adams, Jake McDorman, Colin O’Donoghue, Michael Trotter, Aaron Staton, Micah Stock, James Lafferty, Nora Zehetner, Shannon Lucio, Eloise Mumford, Eric Ladin and Patrick Fischler, with the showrunner Mark Lafferty and the producer executive Jennifer Davisson.
- 17:00 PT What Do We Do In Shadows (FX)
- the cast Stars Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, Kayvan Novak, Mark Proksch, Harvey Guillén and the creative team.
A meeting with Nathan Fillion ( A Conversation with Nathan Fillion ) is added, during which the actor’s career will be discussed along with several personalities with whom he has worked over the years, such as Joss Whedon, Alan Tudyk, Gina Torres, Mekia Cox, Molly Quinn, Seamus Dever, Jon Huertas and The Rookie showrunner Alexi Hawley . In the coming weeks, the organization will discuss the final details, which concern the other guests present at San Diego Comic Con 2020 and the program according to which everything will take place and which further panels will be available, with the respective dates .
The organization also ensured the setting up of an online exhibition area. Fans will be able to find the merchandise that has always characterized the SDCC. It will also be possible to participate in various activities specially prepared for the San Diego Comic Con Home. Participants are advised to use the hashtag #ComicConAtHome to be included in these activities. We also find a fancy dress party. Updates will follow.