This one hell of an inspiring series about five legendary sports coaches. Doc Rivers, José Mourinho, Jill Ellis, Dawn Staley, and Patrick Mouratoglou. All the above sports coaches have taken their team for victories multiple times.
Doc Rivers Quotes
“Doc” Rivers also know by the name Glenn Anton is an American basketball coach and a former basketball player.
- I’m Doc Rivers, and I am human. And I am gonna make mistakes.
- Just finish the race.
- I don’t think you should run from pressure. You should run towards it.
- I am not gonna coach you to who you are. I’m gonna coach you to who you should be someday.
- Ubuntu is a way of life.
- Pressure is a privilege.
- If you can put yourself in a pressure situation, You have worked for it, you have earned it.
- Champions get hit over and over and over.
José Mourinho Quotes
He is the coach of Portuguese professional football team. His name is synonyms to winning. He belongs to the city of Setubal, in Portugal.
- There is no place in the world where people are not in love with football.
- You are born loving a club, You are going to die loving the same club.
- If you are prepared for the worst, you are prepared.
- Please don’t call me arrogant because what I am saying is true.
- Rules are meant to be broken.
- The train doesn’t stop twice.
- You don’t win big things with nice guys.
- You are not going to teach Ronaldo how to take a free-kick. I don’t coach football players. I coach football teams.
Jill Ellis Quotes
Jillian Anne Ellis is coach of United States women’s national soccer team for five years.
- To be a leader, you have to be brave. You have to make hard decisions.
- When you are on the top, the challenge is to make sure you are competing and evolving, against the best version of yourself.
- Mountain tops are small and the air is thin for a reason. Because you’re not supposed to dwell on top of the mountain.
- Success is not resting on your laurels, and someone’s always gunning for your spot.
- Hold Fast, stay true.
- I’m not coaching to keep my job, I am coaching what I believe.
- I followed passion over paycheck.
- Be true to yourself.
- If you want to be heard, make a statement.
Dawn Staley Quotes
Dawn Staley is an American Olympic gold medalist basketball player and coach. She was elected to carry the United States flag at the opening ceremony of the 2004 Summer Olympics. She has won three gold medals.
- If you’re able to be patient, you’re going to be successful.
- Sometimes, you have to take steps that make you uncomfortable to understand where you are and where you want to be.
- Growth takes place out of your comfort zone.
- What is delayed is not denied. Keep the faith.
- I am the last woman standing.
- You cant speed it up, you cant slow it down, but if you are able to be patient, You are going to be successful.
Patrick Mouratoglou Quotes
Patrick Mouratoglou is a French tennis coach and sports commentator. He is famous for being the coach of Serena Williams since June 2012. He has coached more than 40 players who are under 100.
- You can have an impact on anything. And if you think like that, whatever you start to do in life… it’s magic.
- Practice a million times, until it’s perfect
- Of course, it’s tough, and that’s why not many people can be number one.
- A big weakness can create a big strength.
- We live in a world where people are faking all day long. And as a coach, You need to know what people really think.
- I accept to make mistakes because I take risks and because I am not scared.
- A good Coach can never be afraid to get fired.
- Mistakes are inevitable but You don’t let them define you.
- Failure and frustration, are two of the best thing that can happen if you handle them the right way.
- Emotions are the worst adviser.
- A good lie can become the truth.
- As a coach, you have to say the right things to bring confidence.