Undoubtedly, Virat Kohli is one of the most loved and famous of Indian athlete present today. He has a fan following which measures in the millions and he makes the money the same money. With endorsements with Audi, MRF, Pepsi and Puma he rakes in money like nobody else.
Talking about international athletes gracing their respective sports, the list is endless; but only a few athletes get paid their true value in each sport they represent. And Virat Kohli is one of those only Indian athletes who is matching the earning capacity of international athletes around the world.
Yes you read it right! Virat Kohli is the only Indian athlete to feature in the Forbes lsit of “World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2018”. The cricketer has secured the 83rd rank with total earnings of Rs 160 crore ($24 million). The top spot has been secured by American boxing champion Floyd Mayweather (41) with earnings of Rs 1,905 crore ($285 million).
Here is the list of Top 10 Highest-Paid Athletes of the World:
- Floyd Mayweather (Boxing) – Rs 1,905 crore ($285 million)
- Lionel Messi (Soccer) – Rs 742 crore ($111 million)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Soccer) – Rs 721 crore ($108 million)
- Conor McGregor (Mixed Martial Arts) – Rs 662 crore ($99 million)
- Neymar (Soccer) – Rs 601 crore ($90 million)
- LeBron James (Basketball) – Rs 571 crore ($85.5 million)
- Roger Federer (Tennis) – Rs 516 crore ($77.2 million)
- Stephen Curry (Basketball) – Rs 514 crore ($76.9 million)
- Matt Ryan (Football) – Rs 450 crore ($67.3 million)
- Matthew Stafford (Football) – Rs 397 crore ($59.5 million)
Virat Kohli (Cricket) – Rs 160 crore ($24 million) – Rank 83
As the craze and love for Cricket in our country is far more than the other sports, there’s no wonder that an Indian cricketer has got place in the list; however, it is quite surprising no other Indian cricketer has got a spot on the list.
As forbes stated:
“Yet like the Indian cricket mega-stars who have come before him, Kohli’s big payday comes off the pitch.”
Kohli is one of the five cricketers who have been given A+ contract which means they make a minimum of $ 1 million per year as their contract agreement.