Gautama the Buddha, the enlightened being who is known as the founder of Buddhism has been a guiding light for spiritual seekers for over 2500 years. Gautam Buddha is the historical person who claimed no divinity for himself and discouraged any idea of being worshiped. He only claimed that he had attained ‘knowledge’ which again he held could be attained by any other person provided he made the necessary effort. Here are some of his great quotes that can change your views to see this world in a beautiful way.
Quotes by Lord Gautam Buddha
1. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
2. However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
3. Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.
4. There is no path to happiness; happiness is the path.
5. Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.
6. You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
7. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
8. Even as a solid rock is unshaken by the wind, so are the wise unshaken by praise or blame
9. Friendship is the only cure for hatred, the only guarantee of peace.
10. There are two mistakes one can make along the road of truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
11. If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.
12. Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden on the mind.
13. What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now.
14. He is able who thinks he is able.
15. There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.
16. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.