The movie “The White Tiger” based on the the book with the same title, by Aravind Adiga. The 2008 Man Booker Prize-winning novel adapted into a film stars Adarsh Gourav, Rajkumar Rao, and Priyanka Chopra.
The movie is full of sarcastic dialogues, which will hit you straight in the heart. “The story of a poor man’s life is written on his body, in a sharp pen”. These heart-wrenching lines will make you go and watch the movie straight away.
Here are some some the quotes from the movie that would make you fall for it.
- India is two countries in one- an India of light and an India of darkness.
- Any poor boy in any forgotten village can grow up to become prime minister of India.
- In the darkness, we all slept together, with legs falling one over the other like one creature, a millipede.
- Election promises had taught me how important it is not to be a poor man in a free democracy.
- I understood in this moment, how hard it is for a man to win his freedom in India.
- The greatest thing to come out of this country, in its 10,000-year history- the rooster-coop
- They can see and smell the blood. They know they’re next, yet they don’t rebel. They don’t try and get out of the coop. Servants here have been raised to behave the same.
- Why? Because Indians are the world’s most honest and spiritual people? No! It’s because 99.9% of us are caught in the rooster-coop.
- The trustworthiness of servants is so strong that you can keep the key of emancipation in a man’s hand and he will throw it back at you with a curse.
- I had learned to use my time to eavesdrop on customers, waiting for an opportunity.
- I know communists like you don’t believe in God, sir, but do you believe in fate?
- These days, there are just two castes. Men with big bellies and men with a big hunger.
- And there are only two destinies, eat or get eaten up.
- The pride and glory of our nation, the Indian family.
- …And a successful entrepreneur always finds his competition’s secrets.
- Open up our brown skulls and look inside with a penlight. You’ll find all these ideas, half-formed, half-correct, all buggering one another, and that is what we live and act on.
- What a miserable life, having to hide his religion and name just to get a job as a servant.
- Democracy, something that you yellow-skinned men, despite your triumphs in sewage, drinking water, and Olympic gold medals, still don’t have.
- If I were in charge of India, I’d get the sewage pipes first, then the democracy
- The world’s biggest democracy. Fucking joke!
- A good servant must know his masters from end to end, from lips to anus.
- Everything behind servant and master is always secret.
- Rich men are born with opportunities they can waste.