Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the man who is considered as the most successful captain of Indian team, is also highly successful when it comes to earning. Despite the fact that he is not leading team India now, he is still one of the most desirable and loved players of the cricket world.
Lalit Modi, the former chairman of IPL, who himself is facing many allegations of corruption, took to Instagram today and leaked Dhoni’s letter of employment with India Cements. Just to inform, BCCI’s former president N Srinivasan is the owner of the company and Lalit uploaded this letter on social media to raise a question on the intentions and purpose behind these kinds of employments taking into account the essential idea that the annual income of MSD is around Rs. 100 crores. Does he really need this job?
Here is what the letter read:
It seems only in #india #contempt after contempt continues by the #old #guards of @bcci – How ? My best guess is #northblock. But most #puzzling is this #employment #contract of #MSD – WHY ? he earns 100’s of crores a year will he #agree to be #SRINI’S #employee. bet there are many such contracts. 😳😳😳
“We are pleased to appoint you as Vice-President (Marketing) at Our Corporate Office, Chennai with effect from 07.07.2012 on the following terms and conditions:
- You are placed in the Company’s Selection Grade IV, on a Basic Pay of Rs 43,000/- Per Month in the Scale of Pay of Rs. 12650 – 47650.
- In addition to the Basic Pay, you will be paid a Fixed Dearness Allowance of Rs. 21,970/- Per month.
- You will also be paid Special Pay of Rs 20,400/- Per Month. The special pay will be taken into account for the purpose of PF, Gratuity and Medical reimbursement and will not attract any other benefits including Superannuation and leave encashment.
- You will be entitled for the following prerequisites:
- Enhanced HRA of Rs 20,400/- per month will be paid to you in lieu of HRA as applicable to your grade. This amount will be paid to you as long as you are posted at Chennai. You are eligible for reimbursement of electricity, water and cooking gas charges.
- Special House Rent Allowance of Rs 8,400 per month, if posted in Chennai and branch Offices and Rs 8000 per Month, if posted at Plants.
- Special Allowance of Rs 60,000/- per month. The special allowance will not attract any benefits including statutory benefits.
- Education/ Newspaper Expenses of Rs 175/- per month.”
In the year 2012, Dhoni was appointed at the post of VP-Marketing with India Cements; his basic pay has been shown Rs 43,000 pm in the letter with DA of Rs 21,970 pm, special allowance of Rs 60,000 pm and the special pay of Rs 20,000 pm.